Mandatory Safety Equipment:
48" Amber light bar
12" and 18" red/orange flags
Oversize load signs front/rear of vehicle
Stop/Slow paddle 24"
Two 5 lb. fire extinguishers
One 10 lb. fire extinguisher
9 reflective triangles
safety vest in orange
3 cones 36" high
Tie on Oversize Load signs for truck
Spare tire/Jack/ lug wrench
Mandatory Certification and Insurance Requirements:
$1,000,000.00 Commercial Vehicle Liability Insurance
Pilot Escort Certification from FL, WA, CO, NC, OK or UT along with the National Safety Council Defensive Driving Course (8 hours) or Class A CDL if required to validate your certification.
Louisiana Escort Vehicle Inspection Certification
Kansas Superload Certification
New Mexico Escort Vehicle Certification/Inspection
Georgia Amber Light Sticker
Nevada Amber Light Permit
New York Certification ( required if you are from New York)
Additional Paperwork and Forms required:
1) "Traveling through Kansas" manual along with blank "Superload Trip Certification Document" for all loads escorted through KS.
2) Pennsylvania form M-938 showing regulations and curfew requirements for oversize loads in Pa.
3) California Maps for OSL
4) Ohio State Provision Sheet OS-1A 2199
5) Colorado Maps and manual titled " Rules & Regulations of the Colorado Dept. of Transportation Pertaining to Transport Permits for the Movement of Extra-Legal Vehicles or Loads" in addition to the Pilot Escort and Oversized Restriction Map, height restriction map and Bridge Weight Limit Map.
6)Virginia Oversize Load Escort manual
7) New York State Certified Escort manual
8)Louisiana DOTD Weights & Standards Oversize load manual
If you have all of the mandatory equipment and certifications and would like to be a part of our TEAM, please submit your information to us at the fax # below. Thank you.
TEAM Pilot Car Service, INC
715 Reamer Drive
Pittsburgh, PA 15106